Sunday, September 18, 2011

When I grow up...


So I am currently on a mission to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I guess the big problem is that I have tried out many different lines of work, many that I actually really liked. But nothing that I ever felt like I could do forever and be really happy.  I currently work at a bank as a service manager, basically I train employees, handle lots of back shop compliance type stuff, work to meet sales goals, that type of stuff. There are some things I love about my job, mainly that I get to help train people for positions that will help them with their careers. But I don’t always feel like I am using my full potential.

I got my bachelors degree in psychology, mainly because I wanted to help people and I somehow thought that this course of study would help me to understand different types of people so that I would be better able to help. I don’t necessarily think that it did, but maybe I’m wrong. Then I went to law school cause I thought that if I had a law degree I could help children. I quickly learned that sometimes the law wasn’t meant to help people and I quickly became depressed and after two years decided that was so not for me.

So what’s next? I really don’t know. I enjoy school, but do I really want to go back? I worked my through college so I have no debt from my undergraduate degree but I have some serious debt from law school (luckily I got out when I did). Plus I have a baby now and I work full time. How much more could I possibly handle without losing my mind. My husband is self employed so my job allows us all to have health insurance, which after spending 18 days in the hospital prior to having itty bitty is obviously a necessity. The biggest thing keeping me from going back to get my maters is mainly that I have no idea what I would study or what I would ultimately do once I finished.

Hopefully I’ll figure out something I want to do or maybe something unexpected will come up. Who knows…until then all suggestions are appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment